The El Capitan FFA chapter started as the Grossmont Chapter in 1927. It then moved to become the El Cajon Chapter in 1952, due to the rapid expansion of the Grossmont District. It was not until 1971 that the El Capitan Chapter was established by Dr. Glen Casey. At this time there were approximately thirty four students enrolled in the program, with one advisor. The main supporters of the chapter were Jack’s Tractor, Rocky Home Dairy, Hilliker's Ranch Fresh Eggs, El Capitan Stadium Association, Webb Tractor Supply, and Glen View Feed. The biggest change the chapter has experienced would be the improvement of our facility. The first assets our chapter had were our greenhouse, funded by the El Capitan Stadium Association, horticulture, and all equipment at the time was shared by El Capitan High School, and Valhalla High School. The first teachers were Glen Casey, and Ralph Vockrodt.